Saturday 15 October 2011

Dear Jacket Potatoes...

Thank you for spoiling my evening and failing me when I needed you most. You are my signature autumn dish and are meant to be easy to cook (so easy a 5 year old with a fear of ovens could manage you) and taste delicious with minimum effort.

Instead  of tasting autumnyish on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside you decided to blacken your skins, whilst remaining stubbornly cold and hard in the middle. Was 1 hour in the oven not enough for you? Did you not appreciate the fact that I pierced your skin lovingly with a fork and rubbed you with oil and salt?? No, please don't blame the oven. It was not on too high. Ok, so I forgot to wrap you in tin foil, but other potatoes manage to make it through without making such a fuss. Using the microwave just isn't the same and Dr X would not consider this to be 'cooking his dinner'.

You have possibly ruined my marriage. I am seeking legal advice.

Rant over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never put mine in tin foin. Perhaps you've been molly coddling them too much?

Poor Dr X, no doubt wondering if all the things he'd heard about English women's cooking was true...

Starryeyed said...

Ha ha, I expect you are right. Dr X doesn't advise tin foil either. I need a new signature autumn dish - any suggestions? I need this to be low in terms of work load from myself but high in terms of satisfaction from a French man's perspective.

Anonymous said...

Some kind of pasta bake including A LOT of cheese?